Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Secret Santa 2012 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Five » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Secret Santa Time!

Registration begins now!
Registration closes November 30th 2012
Entries due December 24th 2012

Entries posted December 25th, 2012

Here are the results of last year's festivities!
2011 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1634
2010 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1137
2009 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=943
2008 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=695
2007 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=362

Behold, Directions (copy-pasted from Runic who copy-pasted from Poj who copy-pasted from Cel who copy-pasted from Naeru the year before and now amended to make up for the lack of the sign-up mod and new battle system):

1. Make a post with "I'M IN!". The mods will update this first post with a list of who signed up.
2. So now you're in the list. Now you make a post with a few things in it. Mainly this: what you want to get drawn for you. I suggest your wfa/hollow city material if you got one, since we've all got it on the brain yeah? It can be whatever your heart desires though. Also remember that your secret friend doesn't have to draw what you request for an extra surprise! Cool, now that you did that here are some more things to remember.
3. So naturally when sign ups are all closed and organized, I write everyone's names down on papers, shake them up and match you up with your secret friend. You'll get a pm with who you'll be making stuff for. You know how this works.
4. You can do your gift in whatever medium, 2d, 3d, what ever you think will work. You can even send the thing to your person when we're all done. That's kinda cool right?
5. This is fun and all, but remember the deadlines. SERIOUSLY. DEADLINE IS THE 24th of DECEMBER. By the time I go to sleep on the 24th, I better see a ton of emails already in my inbox. Missing this isn't going to be treated the same way as missing your round deadline, you will be banned from competing in the battles until you've delivered your Secret Santa picture. Serious, guys. Its only one thing you have to do, but you're expected to spend time and effort on it. If you can't expect to put in the effort and be on time, don't sign up.
6. Once you get your thing finished you need to send it to me by email (5five5 @ gmx dot net), or pm (on the forum or chat), or skype or whatever you can use to get in contact with me (
Five). You can do this at anytime once you're finished. I'll take this and post it unmarked in a new thread on Christmas so everyone can see it and enjoy. Don't post it in the sign up thread, okay! It'll be obvious who did it since your name is attached.
7. If you've got questions for your person about their request you can pm me, and i can pass it along if you'd like it to still be a secret.
8. Oh, and if you want to ruin the mystery completely, you can sign your piece. I think that is kinda lame and it ruins the guessing game, but hey, I'm pretty lame myself.

Participants!

1. Five
  2. Einheit
  3. Ben
  4. Runic
  5. Patent
  6. Spike
  7. Elyan
  8. Yosei
  9. Luthor
  10. Malk
  11. Pandamonium
  12. Echodreamer
  13. Cola
  14. astorite
  15. Ionhelen
  16. MistaGrey
  17. Shadowkaisen
  18. Penryn
  19. AnTinwoodsman
  20. deathstroke
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Re: Secret Santa 2012 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Einheit12 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm in!

I would be happy about anything containing my HC characters Rosenthal and Abendstern, as well as the other ARCP Section 5 Cops (Utopia, Nevada Antihelios, Detective Tigershark).
Alternatively, I'd love to see you draw my characters Ai Lilienthal and/or Yuri Stern! They're both the main characters from my WIP comic, The Last Starfarer.
Another option: like last year, you could draw the Replikant!

I love cute and pretty things! I also love beautiful landscapes and abandoned places, and sci-fi things. Cyberpunk, Art Nouveau, Robot Girls, Zombie Stuff! I'd love to see your characters interact with mine in your picture. Maybe they can fight, or just hang out together.
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

I am in too! : D
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Runic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Totally down for this. Will edit this later with a suggestion!
<Ben> 20:29 --- pen is away (Auto away)
<Ben> hee hee hee
<Fivel> oh ben!
* Ben giggles like a school boy
Runic

Character: Ridley von Clayborne

Postby Patent Pending » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I want in!

Edit: So things I want: Aine uhh... Doing things? Honestly, anything Arcadian will make me smile like a little girl.

PS: Gird your loins, I'm gonna try to get internets and interrupt your regularly scheduled chat soon.
Last edited by Patent Pending on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patent Pending

Character: Circe Devereaux

Postby Spike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm in, will update with what I wanna see drawn :3
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby elyan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

ok i´m in as well...
elyan

Postby Yosei » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

I'm in. (F3E)

I would like to have:

One of my characters in any way. Or just anything you would like to draw ;)

Some suggestions:

Did you always think Galateia is way to slutty? Or you just feel that it would be fun to give her a new outfit/apearance/style? Feel free to redesign her!

I also like: Gustav Klimt, Art Noveau, Fantasy, Super Heroes, Sci-Fi, Steampunk...I'm sure you can find something pleasing you. Just have fun, I'm glad about anything you drew!

References:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr304/F3E_album/War_of_Arcadia/galateia1_2.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr304/F3E_album/War_of_Arcadia/walpurgacharimage02.jpg
Last edited by Yosei on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yosei

Character: Walpurga Maga-Cummis

Postby Einheit12 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

:D yay!
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Luthor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes please.
I'm in.

I would like a: Bullet-Face doing something completely Bad-Ass and awe-inspiring pic...
OR a: Laika and lily Mother/Daughter tender moment pic... or whatever you feel like
Last edited by Luthor on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Next

Return to Parliament