General Forum Future Discussion

Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Re: The almighty plan

Postby Runic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Five wrote:I really like your last two site name ideas, Spike!

Maybe we should just go with warforarcadia.de for now until we have moved everything and can redirect warforarcadia.com to the new site? However, some believe that we should use this opportunity to find a fresher name.

The other ideas we had so far:

protecting-with-pri.de
arcp.protecting-with-pri.de
last-barrica.de
thebarrica.de
die-phalanx.de / thephalanx.de
biophalanx.de
phalanxnet.de
alphaphalanx.de
comic-battles.de / comic-battle.de
comic-battles.com
hollow-city.com
thesprawl.de
cloneproject.de
artofarcadia.de

Some more form Tin just now:

ArcadianAlliance.de
ArcadianBriga.de

Also, for your info, I have sent a few mails to Naeru last week but got no reply so far, so I sent a message to Toji today who owns the webspace the old forum is on. Maybe he can help us if Naeru is too busy.

I believe ArtofArcadia.de is the most fitting to what we do here. It's simple and easy to remember. It doesn't stray far from our identity.

Or simply WarforArcadia.de would also be best.
<Ben> 20:29 --- pen is away (Auto away)
<Ben> hee hee hee
<Fivel> oh ben!
* Ben giggles like a school boy
Runic

Character: Ridley von Clayborne

Postby Administrator » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Art of Arcadia is basically the Title of the artbook. Also, ART is a rather empty word to me, so I am not a big fan of that name.

Five suggested alphaphalanx today, I think phalanx alpha/phalanx-alpha.de has a better ring, but I am not sure about this direction. I do think we should not keep the site as "War for arcadia", as it causes confusion about prior chapters (WFA chapter 4?) and makes folder naming on the server also a bitch (old-wfa / old-wfa wiki / new wfa / new wfa wiki) and I'd rather we take something new, short and not too descriptive (Comics-of-fights.com, People-fighting-government.com etc.).

If we change the name of the site, I will get a .de and probably a .com/org domain for the new name, and with Cel's help, will redirect warforarcadia.com to the new server as an alternative domain. If most of you want to keep the old name, fine, but I think it's easier to make a step towards a new system and setting with a new name, and it makes it less confusing for new members (if there ever are any again).
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby AnTinwoodsman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I just feel that throwing away any and all name recognition we have built up as WFA- what little there may be- would be an error. We have 5 years of reputation built up for the world. To toss that aside for a totally new universe and site seems wasteful. That is my concern. Maintaining some sort of bond in name or in style is important, even if there are so few of us. The book is our feat, the old site will probably remain dormant for some time. But it is a testament to tons of work and years of history.
AnTinwoodsman

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 am

Administrator wrote:Art of Arcadia is basically the Title of the artbook. Also, ART is a rather empty word to me, so I am not a big fan of that name.

Gonna have to agree on this one too. If we were gonna run in that direction, then comic-battles.de/com is my prefence in that regard.

If most of you want to keep the old name, fine, but I think it's easier to make a step towards a new system and setting with a new name, and it makes it less confusing for new members (if there ever are any again).

I also agree with this too.

I just feel that throwing away any and all name recognition we have built up as WFA- what little there may be- would be an error. We have 5 years of reputation built up for the world. To toss that aside for a totally new universe and site seems wasteful. That is my concern. Maintaining some sort of bond in name or in style is important, even if there are so few of us. The book is our feat, the old site will probably remain dormant for some time. But it is a testament to tons of work and years of history.

But why keep hanging on to something that was so clearly dying. Even if we adopted the same name, the site itself would never be the same as the original. It'd be better. WFA was in dire need of improvements in the area of accessibility and how it functioned, as well as the universe was getting almost way too big for its own good. We had two entire continents to fight against eachother with a memberbase of about 8 people, on a good day. I am also going to be really honest here, but I found that the entire setting was getting to be really boring because of this. As for rep...War For Arcadia has a very tiny reputation outside of those of us who are still around...so I consider that a non-issue in my eyes. I guess I see it differently because I was never around from the start like you were.

As for the world/universe itself, it's still being set in the WFA universe but can be easily disregarded if people choose to do so. Five explained it a few posts back what the idea was.

Although, I'm not going to hide the fact that I like the idea of starting all the way from zero and building up something new and exciting, but to me what Five outlined was a fair enough compromise to me. Something that can be easily disregarded, but at the same time it's still set in the same universe so if you wanna keep developing that you can.
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby William_Duel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Ooh I want to play the name game too!

PhalanxofArcadia
BattleofArcadia
BattleForArcadia
WfaAccola.de
PhalanxAttitu.de
ArcadiaCasca.de
BattleCasca.de
CodeofArcadia
ArcadianCo.de
HeavensCo.de
WarCo.de
ArcCo.de
ArcadianDivi.de
PhalanxFaca.de
ArcPri.de
ArcadiasPri.de
PhalanxInterce.de
Arcadiaso.de
TyrannyofArcadia
StruggleforArcadia
WarforNeoArcadia
PrideofArcadia
NewWarForArcadia
DreamofArcadia
SystemofArcadia
SchismofArcadia
MightofArcadia
PhalanxAge
SoulofArcadia
GenerationPhalanx
DuelForArcadia
ThePhalanxCadenza
NewWorldCadenza
BattleCadenza
NewBattleCoda
PhalanxCrusade
CyclesofArcadia
ChroniclesoftheEmpire

WilliamDuel.com

Also would you be having a new contest for new leader npcs?
William_Duel

Postby Green » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Greenandfriends.de
Benandfriends.de
Greenben.de
Cnandfriends.de
Cive.de
Arcadiafanfic.de
Secondsite.de
Uprising.de
Ninjarobots.de
Clones.de
Markofarcadia.de
Reignofarcadia.de
Foreverarcadia.de
Copyright.de
Steinmech.de
Emperorstein.de
Stateofarcadia.de
Cityofviolence.de
Utopia.de
Arcadianutopia.de
Arcadiautopia.de
C3.de
C4.de
C5.de
Clonesunited.de
Clonesuperior.de
Destroyhumanity.de
Lolcats.de
Buttbook.de
Arcadiaspace.de
Lordofarcadia.de
politicalintriguesandbloodybattlesbutalsosometimesinbetweentherearetracesofdialogueandsex.de
Inventingnewshit.de
Original.de
Futurearcadia.de
Thisisgermany.de
Feuersturm.de
Warforlevidia.de
Levidia.de
Axiusandfriends.de
Tinandfriends.de
Thechroniclesofcn.de
Green

Postby Administrator » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't think we'd need a contest for the NPCs, I'd rather leave it to people to just create NPCs in their comics and/or use the ones created by others in their comics. We'll try to figure this out.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Five » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Ein just proposed this as the new site name:

warforarcadiaforumonline.comicbattlesdrawnbyamateursonline.de/battleforart/forum/phpbb3/artbattlesofcomics/index.php
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Five » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:50 pm

To keep you guys up to date, we contacted Toji and he is trying to make backups for us of both the wiki and the forum. However, there seems to be a problem with making a backup of the forum because it is so large.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

William_Duel wrote:Ooh I want to play the name game too!
WarforNeoArcadia

Only if I can claim Fairy Leviathan as my character.
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

PreviousNext

Return to Parliament