Secret Santa 2018 Sign-Up Thread

Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Re: Secret Santa 2018 Sign-Up Thread

Postby thatone » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm

As for what I want, I just like the very detailed scenes that Arcadia is known for riddled with Easter eggs. Anything christmasy will do.
thatone

Postby Five » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:32 am

I pretty much would like to get something like every year:

- Artwork of the game I'm working on with Einheit: Signalis (trailer and screenshots on the website). There's the main character Elster, an android whose ship crashlanded on a snowy desolate remote planet, the only facility nearby is a prison complex where Lovecraftian horrors await. It's a bit like Silent Hill in space.
More reference pictures will be sent privately. Twitter.

- Or (stealing this idea from Malk): An Arcadian version of Dead by Daylight (optionally Christmas themed) art with Loki, Lilith Alpha, Utopia, Rosenthal and Nevada and Cheyan/Ridley.

- Kensington as a wasteland drifter, Utopia as a vault dweller like in Fallout, and Rosenthal as a pre-war robot that they found and repaired. Arcadia City is in rubble and ashes, of course. You can also design a new companion for her.
- Kensington in a different time setting. For example you could make her into a knight with a sword and cool armor.
- Something with Kensington and the Cyborg Necromancer always works.
- Kensington in a victorian outfit or a Vanessa Z Schneider outfit.
- Something with the ARCP crew, Nevada is my character.
- Feel free to add your own character!

Things I generally like: art nouveau, robots and androids, mermaids, tentacles, the sea, fish, clockworks, seaweed, old art styles when used on a modern topic (examples 1, 2, 3), slugs and snails, jellyfish, Silent Hill, vampires, cyberpunk, Alien-movie-stuff, Bladerunner-stuff.

Btw, if you are looking for character reference pictures, feel free to use our wonderful tagged image archive, the Almanach!
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Pandamonium » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:51 pm

For this year I would have the following things in mind:

Primarily I would love a chill piece with Lilith, Loki and your character(s) in an Arcadian Cityscape. Doesn't have to be Christmas themed, but definately can be.

Alternatively I am currently very much into Homeworld again, espeacialy Deserts of Kharak, so if you ever feel inclined to somehow place our characters into that artisticaly, then go for it !

My likes in general are well known I guess.
I'm a huge nerd for Space Opera, military technology, Chemistry, Physics, Astrophysics, gothic architecture, architecture in general and the occasional Fantasy.
But don't let yourself be restricted by that.
If none of that tickles your fancy, just do whatever you feel like, above everything have fun doing this.
I am also partial to surprises.

lets have some fun!
Pandamonium

Character: Lilith Alpha

Postby Five » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:33 pm

I sent a Discord private message to everyone about their Secret Santa assignment. Deadline is the evening of the 24th December. Happy Drawing!
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Previous

Return to Parliament