Secret Santa 2017 Sign-Up Thread

Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Re: Secret Santa 2017 Sign-Up Thread

Postby ionhelen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:00 am

I'm hella in! I could have sworn I signed up earlier but I must not have.

I would like anything from one of my fandoms, I leave it to you to pick something you find exciting:
    Metroid (I love the Justin Bailey color scheme)
    Metal Gear Solid (Solid or Venom Snake; I also really like Sniper Wolf)
    Megaman X
    Doctor Who (Fourth, Fifth, Tenth, Twelfth and Thirteenth are my faves.)
    Star Wars (Rey is bae, Ashsoka is my hero)
    Dresden Codak
    The Dresden Files (I'm especially fond of Molly and Bob)
    Lord of the Rings
    Dead or Alive (Mila and Ayane are my girls)
    or, of course, Jake and Bunni.
ionhelen

Postby Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 am

I pretty much would like to get something like every year: (I'll update this with newer reference pictures soon)

- Artwork of the game I'm working on with Einheit: Signalis (trailer and screenshots on the website). There's the main character Elster, an android who has to find her missing pilot/girlfriend Ariane. Their ship crashlanded on a snowy desolate remote planet, the only facility nearby is a prison complex where Lovecraftian horrors await. It's a bit like Silent Hill in space.
More reference pictures: Elster, crash site, Elster & Ariane, enemies, friendly mechanic from a different ship, evil prison administrator android, old sketches of the other ship's crew (feel free to change designs and ethnicities), Twitter.

- Kensington as a wasteland drifter, Utopia as a vault dweller like in Fallout, and Rosenthal as a pre-war robot that they found and repaired. Arcadia City is in rubble and ashes, of course. You can also design a new companion for her.
- Kensington in a different time setting. For example you could make her into a knight with a sword and cool armor.
- Something with Kensington and the Cyborg Necromancer always works.
- Kensington in a victorian outfit or a Vanessa Z Schneider outfit.
- Something with the ARCP crew, Nevada is my character.
- Feel free to add your own character!

Things I generally like: art nouveau, robots and androids, mermaids, tentacles, the sea, fish, clockworks, seaweed, old art styles when used on a modern topic (examples 1, 2, 3), slugs and snails, jellyfish, Silent Hill, vampires, cyberpunk, Alien-movie-stuff, Bladerunner-stuff.

Btw, if you are looking for character reference pictures, feel free to use our wonderful tagged image archive, the Almanach!
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm

I've sent out all the names! Please make sure to add your wishlist soon if you haven't already.

If you are late to the sign-up thread and would still like to participate, please PM me.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Malk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:05 pm

I would like an Arcadian Christmas gifts exchange between Loki, Lilith Alpha and other(s) characters as children (even the clones, not humans and necromancers, haha)

buuuut,

Anything chaotic with Loki and Lilith Alpha can make me happy

I like Gothic architecture, medieval, horror movies, aircrafts, spaaaace, Tolkien stuff and steak!

Loki and Lilith Warframes (you have to click the (+) sign twice to have an Okay size of this pic... bottom right)
Lilith, Cubinho, Loki and Shade
more Lilith
and more Loki
Malk

Postby Einheit12 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Yay, Secret Satan! Let's do this!

As for wishes, like every year, I'd love something related to either my comic, The Last Starfarer, or the game I'm currently developing with Five, SIGNALIS. The Comic is more of a Fantasy/Dieselpunk-ish kinda thing, while Signalis is a dark science-fiction psychological survival horror game inspired by Lovecraft, Alien and Silent Hill.

From last year:

I really like seeing other people's art of my characters in some kind of scene, maybe meeting your character! I'm most attached to the two heroines of my seemingly perpertually WIP comic project, The Last Starfarer, Yuri Stern and Aiko Lilienthal. I put some more up-to-date references together. They're the two main characters, living on a dying ringworld. Yuri is a artificial human bird-riding Valkyrie/Warrior type of character on a quest to find the Last Starfarer to stop the end of their world, while Aiko is a fairly ordinary girl and bookworm living in a floating city who falls into the forest below and unwillingly gets tangled up in Yuri's quest and ends up befriending her (or more). Yuri also spend quite some centuries in some sort of standby mode by accident before they meet, while Aiko is a keen hobby astronomer.

SIGNALIS is a dark science-fiction pixel art survival horror game inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's works, especially At The Mountains of Madness. You can find some screenshots and videos on my Twitter and on our website if you want to get an idea how the game looks like. The protagonist is a female military technician android, Elster, who is stranded on the icy, desolate planet Leng searching for her Companion, the Scout Pilot Ariane Yeong. To find her, she must venture deep underground through the ruins of the Sierpinski Reeducation Camp and Mining Facility, and uncover it's dark, ancient secret: Within the walls of this Prison, an evil presence is reaching into our dimension, drawing lost souls to their demise, warping dream and reality into one.

And of course, I also love everyone's favourite Police Cops!
https://tapas.io/episode/845511
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby sibaku » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Hai everyone,

what I would like:

Either my old character Adrian Selas (some reference Images: http://rose-engine.org/almanach/post/li ... an_selas/1) or just another char of you or someone else that you like. It would be great, if the char would be twisted a bit in one of the following themes:
- Jojo's bizarre adventure
- Gothic (Horror). Like in Berserk, Bloodborne or the whole plague mask style

Alternative:
- Cute fluff corgis or cats (themes from above may also be applied if you want ^^)
sibaku

Postby Sageby » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Hey guys

For my request I'll put in something very simple. Cool cyberpunk girl with a robot buddy. Should that's not your style, fantasygirl with Magipunk robot buddy is ok too. Not much reference to give, go do you.
Sageby

Previous

Return to Parliament