Secret Santa 2016 Sign-Up Thread

Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Re: Secret Santa 2016 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Five » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:42 pm

I'm happy we are almost as many as last year already!
Today is the last day to sign up! I'll send out the messages tomorrow evening once I'm back home (around 10pm CET).

Please make sure to post what you would like to receive, if possible with a character reference picture.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Five » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm very busy again this year with work, uni, family visiting and looking for a flat, but I will try my best to deliver an acceptable drawing. :jelly:

As for what I would like to receive:

1) Artwork of the game I'm working on with Einheit: Signalis. There's the main character Elster, an android who has to find her missing pilot Ariane. Their ship crashlanded on a snowy desolate remote planet, the only facility nearby is a prison complex where Lovecraftian horrors await. It's a bit like Silent Hill in space.
More reference pictures: Elster, crash site, Elster & Ariane, enemies, friendly mechanic from a different ship, evil prison administrator android, old sketches of the other ship's crew (feel free to change designs and ethnicities), Twitter
Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

2) You can draw the usual stuff for me, if you want. :-)
For example you could draw Kensington as a wasteland drifter, Utopia as a vault dweller like in Fallout, and Rosenthal as a pre-war robot that they found and repaired. Arcadia City is in rubble and ashes, of course.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Einheit12 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Yay, Secret Satan! Let's do this!

As for wishes, I'd love something related to either my comic, The Last Starfarer, or the game I'm currently developing with Five, SIGNALIS. The Comic is more of a Fantasy/Dieselpunk-ish kinda thing, while Signalis is a dark science-fiction story.

From last year:
I really like seeing other people's art of my characters in some kind of scene, maybe meeting your character! I'm most attached to the two heroines of my seemingly perpertually WIP comic project, The Last Starfarer, Yuri Stern and Aiko Lilienthal. I put some more up-to-date references together. They're the two main characters, living on a dying artificial planet. Yuri is a artificial human Valkyrie/Warrior type of character on a quest to find the Last Starfarer to stop the end of their world, while Aiko is a fairly ordinary girl and bookworm living in a floating city who falls into the forest below and unwillingly gets tangled up in Yuri's quest and ends up befriending her. Yuri also spend quite some centuries in some sort of standby mode by accident before they meet, while Aiko is a keen hobby astronomer.

And for Signalis:
SIGNALIS is a dark science-fiction pixel art survival horror game inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's works, especially At The Mountains of Madness. You can find some screenshots and videos on my Twitter if you want to get an idea how the game looks like. The protagonist is a female military android, Elster, who is stranded on the icy, desolate planet Leng searching for her Companion, the Scout Pilot Ariane Yeong. To find her, she must venture deep underground through the Sierpinski GULAG Mining Colony, and uncover it's dark, ancient secret: Within the walls of this Prison, an evil presence is reaching into our dimension, drawing lost souls to their demise...

if that all sounds terrible to you, my REALLY old general pointers list if you don't know what to draw for me.

Also, kinda unrelated - For anyone who hasn't seen it, we have a Discord Channel now, where we hang out most of time and you can chat with us or just idle around: https://discord.gg/4V3Veuw
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Five » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Idaho Boros wrote: Your character celebrating Christmas/other holidays with Ankh (in any outfit you like)
Five
Jury Member

Postby MistaGrey » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 am

I'M IN.

I'm good with anything involving Victoria, my shark lady. If you need a reference of her, there's a really out-of-date one that I made that's on the Almanac, along with a lot of really good art of her made by awesome people, all of which can be found here. Sorry for not having a more up-to-date reference for her.

As for preferences, I really don't have any in particular. Have fun with it!
MistaGrey

Postby Five » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Names have been sent out, please check your forum inbox! :-)
Five
Jury Member

Postby Malk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:30 am

I would like an Arcadian version of the Nativity scene with Loki as John and Lilith Alpha as Mary :-D

If you don't feel like doing this anything chaotic with Loki and Lilith can make me happy

I like Gothic architecture, medieval, horror movies, aircrafts, spaaaace, Tolkien stuff and steak!

Loki and Lilith Warframes (you have to click the (+) sign twice to have an Okay size of this pic... bottom right)
Lilith, Cubinho, Loki and Shade
Malk

Postby Five » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Oxefer would like to receive the following:

Oxefer wrote:Just some art of papilon with her explosive butterflies.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Five » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 pm

:snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail:

We have a late arrival to the Secret Santa, does anyone want to volunteer as a Super Secret Santa and draw an extra picture for this person? This person said they would in turn try to draw a general picture for everyone. :-)

Five
Jury Member

Postby ionhelen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 am

Five wrote::snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail:

We have a late arrival to the Secret Santa, does anyone want to volunteer as a Super Secret Santa and draw an extra picture for this person? This person said they would in turn try to draw a general picture for everyone. :-)

It me, I am the snail in question. :snail: I would very much enjoy something Mass Effect inspired if Super Secret Santa is so inclined; I am especially fond of Tali and Garrus. Or you could throw Jake and Bunni in some N7 gear, haha, that would be neat. If none of that interests you just surprise me!

Thanks for letting me participate guys. :) I'll try to make something cool for everyone to enjoy.
ionhelen

PreviousNext

Return to Parliament