Secret Santa 2015 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Five » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Secret Santa Time!

Registration begins now!
Registration closes November 30th 2015
I will draw names and send out messages on 1st December
Entries due December 24th 2015

Entries posted December 25th, 2015

Behold, Directions (copy-pasted from Runic who copy-pasted from Poj who copy-pasted from Cel who copy-pasted from Naeru the year before and now amended to make up for the lack of the sign-up mod and new battle system):

1. Make a post with "I'M IN!". The mods will update this first post with a list of who signed up.
2. So now you're in the list. Now you make a post with a few things in it. Mainly this: what you want to get drawn for you. I suggest your wfa/hollow city material if you got one, since we've all got it on the brain yeah? It can be whatever your heart desires though. Also remember that your secret friend doesn't have to draw what you request for an extra surprise! Cool, now that you did that here are some more things to remember.
3. So naturally when sign ups are all closed and organized, I write everyone's names down on papers, shake them up and match you up with your secret friend. You'll get a pm with who you'll be making stuff for. You know how this works.
4. You can do your gift in whatever medium, 2d, 3d, what ever you think will work. You can even send the thing to your person when we're all done. That's kinda cool right?
5. This is fun and all, but remember the deadlines. SERIOUSLY. DEADLINE IS THE 24th of DECEMBER. By the time I go to sleep on the 24th, I better see a ton of emails already in my inbox. Missing this isn't going to be treated the same way as missing your round deadline, you will be banned from competing in the battles until you've delivered your Secret Santa picture. Serious, guys. Its only one thing you have to do, but you're expected to spend time and effort on it. If you can't expect to put in the effort and be on time, don't sign up.
6. Once you get your thing finished you need to send it to me by email (5five5 @ gmx dot net), or pm (on the forum or chat), or skype or whatever you can use to get in contact with me (
Five). You can do this at anytime once you're finished. I'll take this and post it unmarked in a new thread on Christmas so everyone can see it and enjoy. Don't post it in the sign up thread, okay! It'll be obvious who did it since your name is attached.
7. If you've got questions for your person about their request you can pm me, and i can pass it along if you'd like it to still be a secret.
8. Oh, and if you want to ruin the mystery completely, you can sign your piece. I think that is kinda lame and it ruins the guessing game, but hey, I'm pretty lame myself.

Pictures from 2014: http://rose-engine.org/almanach/post/li ... nta_2014/1

Participants!

1. Panda
  2. Malk
  3. Five
  4. Einheit12
  5. Ben
  6. Dx2 (Derrick signed up via Facebook)
  7. Runic
  8. Green
  9. Patent
  10. ThatOne (Idaho via Facebook)
  11. Astorite
  12. Poj
  13. Luthor
  14. Cola (via Facebook)
  15. Ionhelen
  16. Deathstroke
  17. MistaGrey
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Re: Secret Santa 2015 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Pandamonium » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm in !
Would never miss a secret Santa!
I would really love something with Lilith and Loki , doing cutesy stuff, like frying donuts, repairing an airplane engine or breaking THE LAAAAAAAAAAAWG and getting into trouble. You know me guys!
I like planes, guns, Homeworld(the games), SPAAAAAAAACE, tanks, Classical music, technology in general, warframe(the game) and most of all Malk ~<3

Suprise me!
Pandamonium

Character: Lilith Alpha

Postby Five » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm in because I like this tradition so much, but just to warn everyone, I'm very busy with uni right now and will be away from home already a week before christmas, so my picture will probalby just be a simple pencil drawing and I might have to submit it as a photo if I'm not near a scanner then.

You can draw the usual stuff for me, if you want. :-)
For example you could draw Kensington as a wasteland drifter, Utopia as a vault dweller like in Fallout, and Rosenthal as a pre-war robot that they found and repaired. Arcadia City is in rubble and ashes, of course.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Runic » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm in!

Cheyan/Ridley! Splatoon! Squid sisters!

Chey updated ref!
She has a lighter belly now!
Normal clothes

Ridley ref:
Usual getup
HOOVES

Squid Sisters!
https://youtu.be/l1vw3ATzNxQ
https://youtu.be/QwrapOmiO84 (Neat English dub/mix)

Alternatively, draw a bunch of WfA characters in this year's secret santa as Squids/Inklings!
<Ben> 20:29 --- pen is away (Auto away)
<Ben> hee hee hee
<Fivel> oh ben!
* Ben giggles like a school boy
Runic

Character: Ridley von Clayborne

Postby Green » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:06 am

Trrrraaaddiiitiiioooonnnnn!!! Sign me up!

I'll have a cyborg-zombie-pirate Cive with ninja-clone minions and overly sized guns. Shades and one-liners are almost mandatory. Just go crazy with something in that direction ;) Or do your own thing.

What do YOU want?

And hello everybody. Long time no see. Enjoy your holidays!
Green

Postby Five » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:43 am

10 people already, that's awesome! :-)
Five
Jury Member

Postby astorite » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:29 am

Hey! It's Secret Santa time!

I'm in, and am cool with anything involving any of my various characters. One, two, none, make up a character? Fights are fun, exploring cool places / scenery is really neat to see, and I also enjoy comics.

DirNaut (Bird Dude) - http://livingdazed.com/stuff/characters ... izeRef.png
Astor - http://livingdazed.com/stuff/characters/astorBloop.png
Golfball - http://livingdazed.com/stuff/characters ... lFlats.png
astorite

Character: DirNaut

Postby Patent Pending » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 am

HO HO HO BITCHES!

I can't miss another one! I'd pretty much just like anything involving Aine/Eddy or really anything you know, like, Arcadian.
Patent Pending

Character: Circe Devereaux

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:34 am

Woo! I'd better make a post with suggestions! Though I will likely be happy with anything cool that whichever person is assigned me can dream up.

Perhaps the good old Necromancer doing whatever seems most entertaining with whichever characters fit best.

Or maybe Utopia attempting to enforce the lawwwww and meeting with rather limited success.

Or something from my currently (still) in progress comic. Or even something from it redesigned for a cyberpunk setting, as it has been pointed out that's what the plot pretty much is already.
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Five » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 am

From Facebook:
Idaho Boros (ThatOne) I guess I'd like to see your character and one of mine in an Arcadian political satire cartoon. Let's get sociopolitical!

His art: http://niklix-broomsbane.deviantart.com/gallery/
Five
Jury Member

Next

Return to Parliament