Secret Santa 2014

Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Secret Santa 2014

Postby Five » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:58 am

The Secret Santa pictures of 2014!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

GUESSING GAME:
If you want to guess who submitted which gift, feel free to do so. It's a good opportunity to use our spoiler tags.

Some pictures might be too wide for our forum format. In that case you'll have to right-click on them to show the whole image.
Sadly, two pictures are still missing. :-( I'll post them as soon as they arrive.

Here are the pictures, in alphabetical order:

For Astorite

For Ben

For Deathstroke

For Einheit 12

For Five

Bonus for Five:

For Green

For Ionhelen

For Jer-dawg

For Luthor

For Malk

For MistaGrey

For Oxefer

For Panda

For Runic

For Yosei

Bonus for Yosei:

Bonus for everybody!
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Re: Secret Santa 2014

Postby Yosei » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Wow :) thank's to Five for organzing the Secret Santa!
...and thank's to my Secret Santa for this amazing piece of art! I love the dynamic lines and the sinister mood of the painting! And also the contrast of the candy cane coloured wand to the rest of the painting :) made me smile and fits perfect to my walpurga :) :) :) The dress in addition makes me smile even more! i really like the spiky look and it's so elegenant and still punk!!!

I'm glad I was part of this, you guys made some awesome and breathtaking art!!! Especially Ben with his adorable group painting :eee:

I have some guesses for some of the paintings (unfortantely not for mine :( ):

Malk -> Anime appearing amazing pixelart ( :eee: ) must be Einheit12. The pixelart on it's own with all those little details is great...but animated!? Lovely!!!
Panda -> this is soooo Five style :) (great work!!! Love the light in there and the reflections on her hair! Not to tell her enchanting face expression!! )
Five -> clean art style and a cyborg on a pike (kewl!!!) must be MistaGrey
Einheit12 -> I think I recognize Pandas art style in here....but I'm not entirey sure. It is for sure a skilled artist responsible for this!
Ionhelen -> Ben! (Short form for fanastic, detail loving, well designed and breathtaking art)
Green -> Ionhelen (I'm actually guessing...but I think it might be...liked this a lot! :) Cyborg Necromancer in a chamber maid dress? Priceless! :^__^:
Deathstroke -> Astorite this a great individual style and I think it fit's the drawn character perfectly! I like her smile :)
Yosei

Character: Walpurga Maga-Cummis

Postby Green » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:14 pm

A lot of cool drawings up this year, merry christmas! :D

And thank you for my rad drawing, whoever you are ;)
Green

Postby Spike » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:21 pm

You guys all knocked it out of the park this year!
Merry Christmas :D
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby deathstroke » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:27 pm

:-D :hyper: :-D :hyper: :-D :eee: :eee: yay!!!

haha 238 rocking them christmas rags! she makes the most horrible santa (in contrast to my awesome santa who is definitely a very good santa! :-D :-D ) she probably ruined the outfit during her mayhem spree in it, haha! i really like the way her face is drawn. it's very mischievous, just. amazing! XD

-now for the others- ( u___u no guesses because im bad at guessing)
ben's: oh my... an astoundingly beautiful utopia :hyper: the golden designs look amazing and the police lines. very meaningful :o :naughty:
einheit's: haha! rosenthal looks really pretty. and the shrimp makes it hilarious XD she looks mesmerized by it.
five's: waah a dystopia! despite the simple art style it still has the tone because the smog and the fog looks amazing. the tower in particular :shock: it looks so cool. CN as a staff though :smirk: and the bonus! kensington looks way too cheerful for a badass vampire :eee:
green's: hahah those are cel's digs he's in! i really like his expressions. :-D CN looks perfect in french maid's uniform
ionhelen's: i cannot believe. >8( every single strand of the knitted scarf. each and every one of them. :shock: :shock: safety and hazard looks really really cool! and that beautiful gel splatter. :jelly:
jer-dawg's: really gotta fullview this! the contrast looks amazing! simple bg in bright colors vs the two hunks duking it out looking incredibly cool :eee:
malk's: :shock: :shock: :shock: simply breathtaking. the two badasses looking badass cool and the sinister little details around them: the corpse cushioning them, the hand silhouette in the foremostground, the buildings in the far background. :jelly: :jelly:
mistagrey's: :o the dark background. foreboding full moon! and many magical things going on like woah! very actiony :hyper: victoria kicking ass and taking names! :rock:
oxefer's: belle looks pretty :eee: but my eyes keep going back and forth between... :oops:
panda's: :whatthe: woah dang. the colors are just perfect. she looks decadent. :jelly: :jelly: :jelly:
runic's: XD XD cheyan getting drunk under a holly. poor baby :-P its incredibly adorable. her eyes. she looks like shes waiting for someone.
yosei's: XD walpurga's ghost family giving her a hard time. will the power of the pepperminty implement let her haul ass in time? :-D just as it started snowing too! also, dat dress :o she is the punkiest witch princess

everyone's: MEGABONUS!! :rock: :rock: :rock: lionne with blakk magykks :-D the badasses bulletface malcolm and victoria :rock: all these adorable baes :eee: oh noo sad cheyan :u___u: :console:
deathstroke

Character: 238

Postby Five » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:50 am

I'm on a bad laptop with not much online time, so I will hopefully comment properly later or in a week when I'm back home. I just would like to say a big THANK YOU to my secret santa and my bonus secret santa, and the everyone-bonus secret santa! You rock! :D :eee: (Same goes for Einheit's secret santa since the picture shows a character that I've worked on too for our game Signalis.)

I also like everyone else's art! You all did a great job and it's wonderful seeing so much art here again. I hope the remaining two pictures will be sent soon. If anyone would like to be a SUPER SECRET SANTA and draw something for Astorite and Luthor, that would be awesome! If you have something you can send it to Einheit12 or me (although I'm not online all the time), or post it directly if we don't react within an hour or two.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Five » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:24 pm

The picture for Luthor has been added! Only one picture for Astorite missing, still.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:02 pm

I seem to have been having problems staying logged in to the forum - but it is seemingly seeing fit to allow me to reply now. So now I can say: great job everyone! A good turnout for this year's pile of pretty pictures - ever a welcome sight on Christmas day.

Big thanks to who must surely be Yosei for the very impressively drawn Utopia, looking extra fancy amid the stylish glowing backdrop. :cnnhappy: And an interesting new costume design too, haha. I have updated my desktop wallpaper!

Also the picture for Five, in the style of Mr Grey, is a well depicted grim view of a bleak future timeline - but I do like the rather entertaining necromancer on a stick. :D

As for Runic's one for Green: the French maid CN makes me laugh the most, and "Oh, Gertrude" does not stop being funny. Cive truly has a twisted mind indeed!
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Five » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:12 pm

The last picture has been added yesterday!
Five
Jury Member

Postby astorite » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Nice! Everyone really came through with some fun and enjoyable art! Secret Santa, I love Astor's leap of actiony craziness! He looks like he's definitely flying into some kind of fun adventure! Thank you!

I'm honestly pretty unsure as to which art belongs to who, but I think...

The SS for Ben did an excellent job creating a fancy design with all the shiny!

Deathstroke's SS was in quite the holiday spirit!

Einheit had a gifter that painted a fine illustration that leaves me curious and enjoying the depth of the caverns.

Five's santa made me mourn the loss of the city, but also thinking that'd be a bit of a cool outcome. (The bonus is fun in its silliness and somehow exudes happiness...)

Green's artist provided a crazy-good idea of showing two sides to a character in a single panel that tells me more than some TV shows ever provide.

Some magic-marker-maker (Ben (of course!)) put together Ionhelen's, and that fabulous group image that knocks the socks with how much it rocks!

Jer-Dawg's present is a fine specimen of glowing nostalgia and I end up wishing I could pick up the controller for that fight.

Luthor's drawer provided a nice portrait of the mustachioed machine (Spoiler alert, Bulletface is one of those. I know, everyone's year is ruined now.)

Malk's animated piece was provided by some pixel-pushing-professional plotting perfect polish!

MistaGrey's artist must've been on crack with all the glowy madness taking place!

Oxefer's santa-person made a very clean set of lines that have excellent style... and quite the bra, brah.

The Pandaman can attest that he received art from a portrait connoisseur that always creates such haunting eyes like Five hundreds of times.

A Santa made Runic's drawing into a colorful reminder of revelry opportunities during the holidays.

Yosei's painter created a lovely illustration that brings to mind Scrooge and Santa in a wintry mix.

Thanks to everyone for the cool art to see! I'm :jelly:
astorite

Character: DirNaut

Next

Return to Parliament