Organisation, Discussion, Conversation

Secret Santa 2013 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Five » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 am

Secret Santa Time!

Registration begins now!
Registration closes November 30th 2013
Entries due December 24th 2013

Entries posted December 25th, 2013

Here are the results of last year's festivities!
2012 http://in.hollow-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=89
2011 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1634
2010 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1137
2009 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=943
2008 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=695
2007 http://wfa.valkje.de/viewtopic.php?t=362

Behold, Directions (copy-pasted from Runic who copy-pasted from Poj who copy-pasted from Cel who copy-pasted from Naeru the year before and now amended to make up for the lack of the sign-up mod and new battle system):

1. Make a post with "I'M IN!". The mods will update this first post with a list of who signed up.
2. So now you're in the list. Now you make a post with a few things in it. Mainly this: what you want to get drawn for you. I suggest your wfa/hollow city material if you got one, since we've all got it on the brain yeah? It can be whatever your heart desires though. Also remember that your secret friend doesn't have to draw what you request for an extra surprise! Cool, now that you did that here are some more things to remember.
3. So naturally when sign ups are all closed and organized, I write everyone's names down on papers, shake them up and match you up with your secret friend. You'll get a pm with who you'll be making stuff for. You know how this works.
4. You can do your gift in whatever medium, 2d, 3d, what ever you think will work. You can even send the thing to your person when we're all done. That's kinda cool right?
5. This is fun and all, but remember the deadlines. SERIOUSLY. DEADLINE IS THE 24th of DECEMBER. By the time I go to sleep on the 24th, I better see a ton of emails already in my inbox. Missing this isn't going to be treated the same way as missing your round deadline, you will be banned from competing in the battles until you've delivered your Secret Santa picture. Serious, guys. Its only one thing you have to do, but you're expected to spend time and effort on it. If you can't expect to put in the effort and be on time, don't sign up.
6. Once you get your thing finished you need to send it to me by email (5five5 @ gmx dot net), or pm (on the forum or chat), or skype or whatever you can use to get in contact with me (
Five). You can do this at anytime once you're finished. I'll take this and post it unmarked in a new thread on Christmas so everyone can see it and enjoy. Don't post it in the sign up thread, okay! It'll be obvious who did it since your name is attached.
7. If you've got questions for your person about their request you can pm me, and i can pass it along if you'd like it to still be a secret.
8. Oh, and if you want to ruin the mystery completely, you can sign your piece. I think that is kinda lame and it ruins the guessing game, but hey, I'm pretty lame myself.

Participants!

1. Five
  2. Ben
  3. Einheit
  4. Cola
  5. Luthor
  6. Runic
  7. Ionhelen
  8. Yosei
  9. Oxefer
  10. MistaGrey
  11. Malk
  12. Pandamonium
  13. Deathstroke
  14. EMR
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Re: Secret Santa 2013 Sign-Up Thread

Postby Five » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:08 am

Let's do this again!
Please also tell your friends. :-) And don't forget to post what kind of drawing you'd like to receive.
Five
Jury Member

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 pm

I am in, of course!

And I love the ultrafancy banner. :-D Such a merry November-mas already! I want those tree ornaments.

Edit: Suggestions!

I always am happy to see art of my characters, or any more obscure designs of mine drawn by others. Perhaps with the usual associated cast members, or your own character. Doing something fun, or locked in an epic battle, or as an alternate universe version or redesign, or just posing for a fancy picture.
Last edited by Ben on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Einheit12 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Five » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm

:D Weeee! :jelly: :jelly: :jelly:

Edit: To make this post more worthwhile, here's what I'd like to receive.

I'm sorry that it's almost the same as last year... >__>
It's of course just a list of suggestions in random order, you can just as well completely surprise me. I might change this before 30th November.

- Kensington in a post-apocalyptic future. Give her a new cool outfit, and a new hairdo if you like! You can change the hair length as you please, for example give her super long straight hair or shave it off. You could also come up with a side-kick that can travel the wastelands with her. :-)
- Something with Kensington and the Cyborg Necromancer always works.
- Kensington in a victorian outfit or a Vanessa Z Schneider outfit.
- Something with the ARCP crew (ask Ben and Einheit about more info on them). 1, 2, 3 Nevada refs
- Something with my wasp girl.
- A robot girl and/or a mermaid.
- You could also draw my Shadowrun character Furfur. This is one of her daytime outfits. By night she wears a suit that can make her invisible, she's a secret agent and sniper. She's also a half-orc. She likes to go on missions with Icarus, the cyborg dude with the helmet.

Things I generally like: art nouveau, robots and androids, tentacles, Adventure Time, the sea, clockworks, seaweed, old art styles when used on a modern topic (examples 1, 2, 3, Round 11), slugs and snails, jellyfish, Silent Hill, vampires, cyberpunk, Alien-movie-stuff, Bladerunner-stuff. Anything from Einheit's list is good too!

Btw, if you are looking for character reference pictures, feel free to use our wonderful tagged image archive, the Almanach!
Five
Jury Member

Postby Cola » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:42 am

Hey dudes, I'd like to get in on that.

I'd like to see Leigh and your person or peoples running an experiment, or maybe Moira and your peoples playing video games. Whichever. :)
Cola

Postby Luthor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm in!
I'd like something with Bullet Face, but I don't have any specifics in mind. Just something really cool! Thanks, and I look forward to this! Sweet banner too and thanks for the Bullet cameo!
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Postby ionhelen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm in baby!

I rather like the idea of Jake, CN, Ken and Bunni getting together for dinner or something once in a while, so a picture of that would be super cool. If you're in the mood for something non-Arcadian, I'm obsessed with Protoman and Doctor Who. Really I leave it up to you, Ninja Secret Santa, because I love surprises. 8D
ionhelen

Postby Yosei » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm

What a sweet Artwork :hyper: !!!

I'm also in :)

with urm, just something you like to draw with one or both of my characters (Walpurga or Galateia). Everything you do feels fine to me. Hrm....this great scene on the secret sanata artwork seems pleasig ^^ maybe something like that.
Yosei

Character: Walpurga Maga-Cummis

Postby Runic » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh yes. I am in!

I'd like to see either a pin up of Cheyan, Ridley, or Ace of Diamonds. Or any combination!
Or something stupid/funny with them. I am pretty easy to please!
<Ben> 20:29 --- pen is away (Auto away)
<Ben> hee hee hee
<Fivel> oh ben!
* Ben giggles like a school boy
Runic

Character: Ridley von Clayborne

Next

Return to Parliament