[012] Ben vs. Deathstroke [Done]

Everything battle-related can be found here.

Please vote for your winner!

Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Ben (Cyborg Necromancer)
90%
Deathstroke (238)
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [012] Ben vs. Deathstroke (voting!)

Postby AnTinwoodsman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Ben:
Wow, that's a vicious demonstration of 238's skills against your cadre of enforcers. The subtle mention of self determination, freedom and self preservation in the face of an unyielding corporation that controls and sees all under its yoke is compelling. You continue to champion and evoke the themes of Hollow City well. Your muddled subdued palette this go round created a sense of dread for me and your icy pale 238 was gothically sexy/terrifying with the glowing blues penetrating out from the murk and the mire. As always I love seeking out the little details in your environs, tho I wonder just how much is lost on the viewer for your struggles with those finite details? The **** the Poiii BLOODSPATTERBULLETHOLES is amaze. As is seethru skulldeathstareresponse. Interrupting the extended transform sequence is always the Achellie's heal isn't it? Can't believe you did that to Cori- guess the future is inevitable in some ways.

Deathstroke:

The introduction of Helen was sort of jarring as it was difficult to discern her from 238 with better cues or some telltale item to set them apart but I like the idea of a sentient zombie, re-dead undead. I was unclear if 238 had turned the zombies against our dear CN or if this was a moment of reminisce for him. More could have been done with her breaking away and disappearing off camera from Special Attack but you've set up a future rendezvous between these characters again and that's good enough for now.
Your paneling has some odd beats but your experimenting with time was well done. Try to incorporate more varied linewidths and it will improve the clarity and definition of your characters, thats the next simple step you can take with your art.
AnTinwoodsman

Postby Einheit12 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm

This fight has not been extended. Please vote for the winner now!

Deathstroke was awarded:
    70 Points
    Achievements:
    Image Industrial Area (5)

Image Inked in Blood (5)
    Image Long Answer (10)
    Image Where's Waldo (1)
    Image Redshirt Promotion (5)

= 26 Points (Achievements)
    Total earned: 96 Points
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby penryn88 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

A year bro, a year, a year, a YeeeeeAAAARrrr dude. A year...... :)
penryn88

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 am

Haha, deathstroke got the most strangely comic-specific achievement yet it seems.

But yes, nice comic DS! Some good moments in here, from 238's getaway antics, to details like the fish leaping away from the submerged transform sequence. And you depict my own character well - though now his phone number is on the internet for all to see, oh no. I hope to see more of 238's misadventures! And Helen the casual flesh-chewing corpse too.

Pen: I am afraid to ask but... what happens in a year?
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby deathstroke » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 am

:-D thank you everyone for their comments, compliments, and constructive criticism (C4)!

thank you tin for your in depth! yeah, midways through drawing i realized how helen might've been needlessly getting the spotlight, and i was originally planning on coloring it - i didn't make them different enough on the inks...

worry not, 238 has no necromancery potential! not right now anyway, who knows what might happen, haha. yeah, there could've been more action... linewidths are tricky, especially with my .40 leaking everywhere and... my .70... i really need to learn to ink neater!

thank you ben for being the best opponent possible! :eee: i kind of thought i couldnt make the transformation sequence obvious enough, but you noticed it, yay! :'D i added the fish in a whim

penryn: :? indeed, what could a year possible imply?
deathstroke

Character: 238

Re: [012] Ben vs. Deathstroke

Postby Five » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Ben wins!

Ben was awarded:
    30 Points (Victory)

Total earned: 30 Points
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Previous