[002] Oxefer vs. ComicRelief [Done]

Everything battle-related can be found here.

Please vote for your winner!

Poll ended at Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Oxefer (Papillion Belle)
6%
ComicRelief (Tal Sopher)
94%

Total votes : 16

Re: [002] Oxefer vs. ComicRelief [Voting]

Postby ComicRelief » Mon May 07, 2012 4:01 am

I had a great time with this battle!

Thank you everyone for your comments!

@ Frosty: I will be stickign around! The skull guy is Dread from my first ever battle, Round 16.

@Horo, I done PMed yoU! You should fight~
ComicRelief

Character: Tal & Simon

Re: [002] Oxefer vs. ComicRelief [Voting]

Postby Einheit12 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Voting on this Battle is over!

ComicRelief was awarded:
    30 Points (Victory)
    Achievements:
    Image First Blood (1)

= 1 Points (Achievements)
    Total earned: 31 Points
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Re: [002] Oxefer vs. ComicRelief [Done]

Postby Spike » Wed May 16, 2012 3:09 am

Same deal as the other fight, I'm late in getting some feedback up in here haha.

Oxe - Your stuff is getting better but I have a few bones to pick with the entry as a whole. The first would be the text, I found it hard to read what you had there and it was all messy in general. You'd be better off learning how to create word bubbles and text in photoshop (or whatever program you use if it supports text). I also would stay away from trying to colour your comics. It appears randomly here and there and is never really consistent as a thematic element throughout.

Comic - Good to have you back! I am glad to see you drawing again. The one thing I really have to pick on you for here is that I think you tried to do waaaaaaaaaaaay too much in just one week. I'd rather have seen a really nice refined shorter story, as I found it hard to follow at certain points visually because the drawings got super messy. The word bubbles and the text could also use some work, but I have a huge feeling that was just because of the colossal amount of work you had loaded on yourself here. It also felt like things just...jumped around after a point, which again I think is because of trying too much all in a short amount of time. You've got a lot of the basics down in here though, I think it'd be cool to see you slow down some and churn out some tight pages. All in all though I still really enjoyed it and like I said, its cool to see you back again.
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Re: [002] Oxefer vs. ComicRelief [Done]

Postby ComicRelief » Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 am

Thanks so much for the feedback, Spike! I do see the point about how crazy it all got--I think I got in over my head because I got a little over excited.

Next round, i do plan on turning in some tighter pages. :-)
ComicRelief

Character: Tal & Simon

Previous

Return to Battlegrounds