[015] Ben vs. ionhelen vs. Yosei [Done]

Everything battle-related can be found here.

Who had the most charming comic?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Ben (Cyborg Necromancer)
57%
Ionhelen (Special Attack)
14%
Yosei (Walpurga and Brunhilde)
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: [015]Ben vs. ionhelen vs. Yosei

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 pm

I should actually comment on these pages in here! They were just too good for words, you see. :-D I have been hard at work on my own last part since returning, and should have it up tomorrow - a Wednesday deadline feels weird!

Yosei, my mind is fairly well blown by that artwork as usual! It pays to see what you can do with two weeks. I do particularly like the sepia-toned Victorian memories with the steampunk(ier?) CN. He now almost has an actual past, haha. Walpurga's expressions and constant attempts at getting away are also excellent.

Ion - I hope your wrist is okay! Despite war wounds I am glad you posted what you have and like what I see - page 1 has an excellent panel layout, and I love the callback to old times! Things got rather interesting.
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:11 am

I would have added more of a conclusion, but time, as it tends to do, slips away from me. Hope you like it, folks!
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Yosei » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

@five

Thank's! I was a bit unsure, t develop such an open story part with so less explanations, but seems it worked well, thank's to my comattants! And yes, I feel sorry for the acolytes too...seems we killed him :/ (tho'...ben did the last strike, so I blame him ^^)

@Ion

I'm sorry, that your wrist didn't recover and I appriciate, that you drew a page nevertheless! I'm sure, as soon as your wrist fully recovered you'll beat the shit out of your enemys with this amazing new style! The concept of your last page promises a lot! For now, get well soon!

@ben

Thanks and:

Hope you like it, folks!

Absolutely! :)

It's great what you made of the story, and amzing to realize how many adventures the Cyborg Necromancer had! One of the highlights (in my eyes) are your humor (for example 'meine Augen' story part^^) and this beautiful CN Layout! All in all a great conclusion of CN's history and a coherent pleasing ending (and enough in my eyes, although it's always better to have more Ben art ;) ), with a lot of adorable cameos and some outstanding facial expressions :)

Edit:
I also can't wait to get Five and Eins examination period to it's (successful) end and to see the achievments they give us for this round :)
Yosei

Character: Walpurga Maga-Cummis

Postby Five » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Amazing comic, Ben! I loved seeing all the old fights again, some even from a new viewpoint. :D
I'm happy to see that you managed to draw so much even though the weekend was in the middle of your cycle.
The Gertrude part was probably the funniest of them all. Heehee. :>

Regarding achievements: We will post them next week since we are super busy right now with exams. Sorry to let you guys wait!
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Re: [015] Ben vs. ionhelen vs. Yosei [Poll]

Postby Patent Pending » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 pm

From the depths, I ARISE!

Ben: Your art is amazing/You're amazing/Please keep doing all of those things you do. And as long as I live, any "Oh, Gertrude!" reference will still be the funniest thing I'll ever see.

Ion: I'm laaaaaaahhhhhving the new style! I'm sorry to hear your wrist, but you do lefty way better than I could ever hope to!

Yosei: I'm loving Walpurga, but then I have a thing for sassy magical ladies. I love your arts too! Especially that panel with sleepy CN and the tentacles, I literally said "dayum" and almost had a customer complain to my boss about it hahaha
Patent Pending

Character: Circe Devereaux

Postby penryn88 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11 am

w000t cameo! great comic guys, very enjoyable
penryn88

Postby Luthor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 am

The page with the panels in shape of CN's head was really cool and creative. It's nice to see comics on here again. Really enjoyed all of you guys (and girls(?)) work!
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Postby Spike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 am

Awesome fight doods!!
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby ionhelen » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 am

Ben, I legitimately teared up reading your entry. I feel like I left you with so little to work with thanks to my injury and you made something glorious out of it. The panel layout shaped like CN's head was goddamn genius, mate. You're a hero.

Yosei, I really enjoyed your pages as well. You're pretty trig at giving characters a casual feel, like they're just doing what they do every day. I also liked that you brought Jake's more grown-up side out with him getting on Walpurga's case.

This was a really fun story, dudes. Though my wrist is still injured (turns out I have a cyst in my tendon D:), I'm happy to say that I've been training my left hand constantly and it's almost up to speed. Time permitting, I may opt to finish my pages for the sake of honor, especially since you guys have given me such great feedback on my layouts.

Thank you so much for the love and encouragement, guys. That's why I stick around here - you're nothing but encouraging and supportive, even when life gets shitty. I love you all.
ionhelen

Postby Five » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 am

It would be great to see your pages finished, or at least refined a bit, since I found it very hard to make out what happens. I couldn't decipher half of the text.
Also good recovery with your wrist! I didn't know it's possible to have cysts in such places. :O
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to Battlegrounds