New Forum Name!

Old and outdated threads are stored here.

What shall be the name of the new forum?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 pm

war for arcadia
3%
phalanx alpha
21%
last barricade
14%
tales of arcadia
7%
hollow city
31%
proton winter
7%
cheerful oyster
17%

Total votes : 29

Re: New Forum Name (VOTE HERE)

Postby Spike » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 pm

YAY ITS NERO
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby Jed Leopard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 pm

SPIKE! :D
Jed Leopard

Postby Einheit12 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 pm

It has been decided!

After a long and tedious discussion and election,
our new forum name is Hollow City!
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Re: New Forum Name!

Postby Jed Leopard » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:25 am

I like it! And I like the new banner (:
Ben's awesome artwork as usual. The color orange looks good on the logo too!
Jed Leopard

Postby Horokeh » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:01 am

I wasn't planning on jumping in or participating at all or anything of the such. I've just been watching from afar having fun and trolloling, but in all seriousness.

1. I like a lot of the new ideas and some of the mechanics. I think that other things that made the site what it was could have remained but there's not much to say about it.

2. I did make the immediate association to Void... and it's not that the name is just similar to void but the whole city concept was pretty similar at the beginning specially with a factionless game mechanic. Then again...

3. After seeing the map, how its all divided and the fact that it's pretty interesting looking. It's not just a city and its locations do not match what you would find in a city

So my opinion a fitting name for the site, what it represents and where its going would be Hollow Nation... not just because it puts it in the context of a country but also its people. There's a level of Anarchy and Chaos that rules this location, there is a power struggle between the existing groups. But the general idea of hollowness is an interesting way to describe the people here, a Matrix/Meta/Character development feel that i think the word nation would describe perfectly. And as an added bonus it steers farther away from the whole Void City thing.

It's totes my opinion... i did see how long it took to settle for a name so that might be a whole other mess... but vote nation lol
Horokeh

Postby Airlight » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 am

Damn, my votes were in the minority, oh well! I had cast votes for Last Barricade and Proton Winter, with Phalanx Alpha being my other choice if I had another vote.

I kind of agree with the unintentional allusion to Void City - one word is a synonym to Hollow, while "City" is the same. Horo's idea with changing 'City' to 'Nation' would be a good move, I think, to avoid finger pointing from anyone out of Void.

Though in fairness, Void hasn't been as active as it used to be. It has also been steering away from placing emphasis on the "City" moniker, because it is actually free-form in terms of environment choice.
Airlight

Postby Jed Leopard » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:24 am

I agree on the above two comments, even though I voted for Hollow City myself. It just sounds right.
I didn't put the connection and similarity to Void City though. And hollow nation doesn't nearly sound as awesome as city.

So I went on and started combining titles
Hollow arcadia? Meh.
Hollow oyster. Lolol
Hollow winter (winter is comin'... What about summer?)
Hollow phalanx. Kinda nerdy.
Hollow proton. This almost sounds like science. I suck at sience.
Hollowscape. Lol what is this a runescape clan?

Project Hollow sounds pretty cool in my opinion. And this is all kinda 2.0
Then again fuck the finger-pointers from Void and anywhere else. I like Hollow City!
Jed Leopard

Postby Five » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am

I think some people here are thinking about Void a lot more than they are thinking about us. We are different, let's move on.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Einheit12 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 am

Well, it would have been nice if those concerns had been mentioned a few weeks ago, when we were actually in the process of discussion and voting. I personally prefer Hollow City over Hollow Nation, as we do focus on the City setting, with a majority of Locations being in the city, and a move away from grand political motifs of war to a more personal motif of "security and freedom".

Also, "Hollow City" has a more interesting sound to me than "Hollow Nation" - As a name, as a combination of words. Nation is a term of the 20th century, in a modern, networked, international society the word loses its meaning quickly. Arcadia is a Nation of Visitors and Foreign Mercenaries, and always was - nationality means little to the characters. Arcadia City, the Hollow City, is the stage for the stories.

Also, "Void 2.0 lol" is not really contributing to the discussion. The connection is at best far-fetched. We are not called Enter-Hollow.com, and a free-for-all battle system with scores is not original to Void, it is an ordinary form of tournament.
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Jed Leopard » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am

I'm secretly hoping that one day the void discussion gets out of hand again and the forum will block everything resembling the word void. Just kidding.

ein, dont take any of this too serious. I'm sorry if I got on the wrong nerve with what I said. I totally agree on hollow city. Dont you dare to change it ! Thats my opinion on it.
Also, horo was just making a little pun on the discussion along with what I said (even though it was a little bit out of context)
She meant it just for the lulz, don't worry bro!

Ps did you guys know that lulz means dickish in dutch, just like we use kk as a short for cancer. So weird everytime I read it haha
Jed Leopard

PreviousNext

Return to Archives