R:32 Tin & Green vs. Penryn

Old and outdated threads are stored here.

Who won (except Red)

Poll ended at Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 pm

AnTinwoodsman&Green
50%
Penryn&Guests
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: R:32 Tin & Green vs Penryn

Postby penryn88 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 am

Sorry i was late, but here it is! my thanks to Luthor, Ben and Five for helping out again.
Tin, Green, its been real. some page's are showing up weird sizes even though they're all
700px, hopfully its still readable

Six years later:
penryn88

Postby Green » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Ohohoho! Very nice! :D I mean, it´s very.. Allright, I´ll admit, I have no idea what I just read. But at least it looked nice, that´s always good. I think. Very anti-climatic way of dealing with the whole timeshift, seeing as it was all done in a few panels. It seemed a bit too easy. Other than that, I quite enjoyed Lily´s little killing spree. I´m very curious as to where she´ll go from here.

On a different note, I´m not mentioned on the voting table. Just saying.
Green

Postby Administrator » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Whoops, dropped your name there. Sorry. Here, I put it together with some duct tape. Your name is enGre, Right?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Special dvd bonus feature: Quick concept sketches for the less-distant future Valkyries.

Lily/Red/Bombshell

Bombshell:

Elsa:

Cori (paintchatted with me, five, and ein):
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Green » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:38 pm

It´s WOLVERILLY! Behold! Solid Coriandre and Liquid Cive on new adventures. Get three cherries on a row and win a nuclear blast to the face!
Green

Postby AnTinwoodsman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

So... you killed both of our characters in the cheapest, most anticlimactic fashion possible, resolved the timeline in 2 pages and then the rest is all the start of some new war story? Not the best way to wrap things up. I think you broke a handful of rules there but I understand you typically end the rounds in some tangential Steadtler incorporating fashion.

At least it looks good, very cool character redesigns there Ben. Very phallic missile there Five.
AnTinwoodsman

Postby Luthor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm

AnTinwoodsman wrote:So... you killed both of our characters in the cheapest, most anticlimactic fashion possible...

Tinman wasn't killed. He jumped with the Levidum explosion. The set up was always: Another Levidum explosion, press the button, leap back in time. That was the set up. I guess I could have shown him press the button but I thought with it being mentioned 3 cycles it was a given. ( Edit- Looking back, I think I should have drawn the button being pushed AND the explosion going off before Tin wakes up. I didn't really have time for that but it would have maybe been clearer.) Now Cive I did kill ... but hey, it's the future! (I didn't think it was anticlimatic either but maybe because I was comparing it to the 2 page preceding it ) "The future doesn't matter," is what I was told when I was upset at the Lily is a sex slave debacle... and really you guys were right, it doesn't matter. Looking back who cares? It isn't cannon. And if I remember right (and I do) YOU yourself told me to cut off Cives balls, and feed them to him when I saw you in mibbit... sorry I took a less climatic route then you advised.
As far as broken rules, I'm not sure what those would be? Did the rules only apply to our cycle or...
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Postby Green » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 pm

It's not what you do, it's how you do it. By all means, I have no problem with Cive getting his body ripped to shreds in a most brutal manner. What I do have a problem with however ,is that both me and Tin have spent our entire two cycles establishing how Cive almost single-handedly took control of Arcadia with physical force, meaning he's very much a force to be reckoned with. If someone in Arcadia (Bulletface in this case) could off him as easily as you shown him to do, why was Cive ruling Arcadia in the first place..? So, in all of Arcadia, the entirety of the opposition presented before Cive prior to where our story begins, nobody ever tried attacking him? Now, even if we ignore that, Cive is still, even in his non-future form, freaking fast - not someone who'd just stand there and go "Derp! I could dodge this shit, but I'm not going to! Derp!".
Furthermore, if we ignore that aswell, the entire climax, in fact the entire story, we've been building up (Cherry turning good again, the biker gang arriving, Coriandre alerting the clone troops, Cive and Bullet face fighting) - basically, the entire fucking chain of events coming down at once- was utterly ruined in a few panels. Everything else following after that had almost no connection to the actual timeslip besides Tin getting drugged. In fact, that was the only connection to that at all.

So what happened? You just decided to go "fuck you guys, I'm doing my own story." ? What did that acomplish?

Clearly, the presence of Bullet Face was meant as a DISTRACTION, not as a "Hey, since I'm in allready in the spotlight, why don't I just kill the big bad, save the day, and tell a mighty tale of my own? Yeah, I'll do that. I doubt anyone would mind"

Not cool. Not at all. I don't even know who I should be pointing fingers at.

Edit: I'm now raging in secret, like a ninja.
Green

Postby Luthor » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:29 am

Green wrote:both me and Tin have spent our entire two cycles establishing how Cive almost single-handedly took control of Arcadia with physical force, meaning he's very much a force to be reckoned with. If someone in Arcadia (Bulletface in this case) could off him as easily as you shown him to do, why was Cive ruling Arcadia in the first place..? So, in all of Arcadia, the entirety of the opposition presented before Cive prior to where our story begins, nobody ever tried attacking him? Now, even if we ignore that, Cive is still, even in his non-future form, freaking fast - not someone who'd just stand there and go "Derp! I could dodge this shit, but I'm not going to! Derp!".

Clearly, the presence of Bullet Face was meant as a DISTRACTION, not as a "Hey, since I'm in allready in the spotlight, why don't I just kill the big bad, save the day, and tell a mighty tale of my own? Yeah, I'll do that. I doubt anyone would mind"

Not cool. Not at all. I don't even know who I should be mad at.

I read Cives bio. It says: Superior fighting skills: He's able to take on any number of foes in close combat, and defeat them easily unless they're far beyond human-standards.

unless they're far beyond human-standards... Bullet is A ROBOT!! With MAGNET POWERS in a ROOM FULL OF METAL!! (which he never uses for some reason. Derp!)
Cive throwing him around like a rag doll was hilarious to me and kind of the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

As far as why did no one defeat him on his rise to power? Yeah my question too. Maybe because you wrote it that way. What have you been here 2 battles and your character is overlord? Totally unproven in battle too. Nah.

Also, I didn't write Bullet Face in, Pen did. I didn't even know about the Ben page till he did it and Pen showed it to me. He also asked me to guest in this last cycle, so I did, but the presence of Bullet Face was meant as a DISTRACTION, not as a "Hey, since I'm in allready in the spotlight, why don't I just kill the big bad, save the day, and tell a mighty tale of my own? Yeah, I'll do that. I doubt anyone would mind" Nah. I didn't do that. I just went with the flow, and with the this guy is a robot with magnet hands against a guy who isn't a robot.

What else could I say to you? Probably plenty, but I'll just say I'm sorry I, Pen, Ben, and Five spent so much time on a battle you guys didn't end up enjoying, even though I think it's one of the best rounds wfa has ever seen! No joke. I'm not even being sarcastic here. I didn't mean to make a sucky battle and waste my hours and hour of time just to be a jerk.
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Postby Five » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:06 am

It's late here so I will try to make this short. I and I think Ben did not know about the whole story of cycle 4, I assumed the part we drew was in the timeline between the present and the dystopian future. Therefore when I read the final entry I was a bit taken aback. It makes me wonder if you intend this as canon or part of the unlikely and dystopian future.
I thought this part would go before the whole thing, and not afterwards after Tin wakes up, after that event everything that happens is implied as being the "real" future. And in that future you wrote Cherry into the Valkyries, I wonder if Tin agreed to that. I personally think it is a possible future, not the definite future, as this last event we have seen will happen 3 years after the 3-year time skip we are planning to do.

I think it was fine to kill off Cive, in that situation with all those weapons and BF's special ability he had no chance. I wonder though how he got in undetected in the first place. But then again, Tin's motorcycle gang just rode up too without being met by a clone army.

I found the Woodsman's ending in bed, being put to sleep indefinitely or being killed with a deadly injection (we don't know which) a bit anti-climactic too, but oh well! Tin and Green, if you think Penryn and Luthor told a worse story then just vote for yourself, that's how comic battles go. Not everyone is happy what the other one comes up with. If you told the better story you will probably win.

And lastly I think that maybe Penryn and Luthor should have concentrated more on telling the story that involved all ckaracters, put a more spectacular closing to the ongoing story, instead of making half the entry about Lily and BF and the Valkyries which might have been better suitable for a warstory or epilogue or an earlier part of the comic.

All that being said, I hope you can all find something good in this comic. We all got excited for it and it is a long and epic story, even though not all parties involved were satisfied at the end. But I think that happens with most comic battles. Moreover, tastes differ and I could write a lot more about that. What is done is done, the end.

Sorry for rambling, I'm very tired.

Edit: Forgot to add, I think nothing is against the rules here if we assume the Woodsman was not killed when he woke up (just sedated, and we all remember how he was freed from his moon prison so he can get out of that too), and if we assume that the future we saw at the end of cycle 4 with Cherry joining the Valkyries is not the definite future. No permanent changes to a character were made, so no rule violation. Cive's death happened in a possible future, so it's not real.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to Archives