R:32 Tin & Green vs. Penryn

Old and outdated threads are stored here.

Who won (except Red)

Poll ended at Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 pm

AnTinwoodsman&Green
50%
Penryn&Guests
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: R:32 Tin & Green vs Penryn

Postby AnTinwoodsman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 am

Wow It wasn't my intention to mess up your cycle Penryn. I really thought I was clear to post these as they didn't interfere with your flashback and plot we discussed. I felt bad for not giving you a nice drawing of your characters so I did that page out of consideration since you asked how they looked. Didn't mean to bogart your Art mojo or story. Definitely feel free to disregard my pages if they're in your way. I agree Id rather see yours. I just wanted to clArify for our audiences sake that we were collaborating on this and apparently I misunderstood how far to take it. No disreSpect. I appreciate your willingness to do this epic scale and be cooperTive about this. I want your partnership in this and for you to tell your story as you see fit.
AnTinwoodsman

Postby Five » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am

I have sent an email to Penryn and I really hope he will continue this story.
I think we all know that you don't mean any harm Tin, but yeah, somewhere the communication between you two didn't quite work, it seems. If you want to tell a story together you should send clearer scripts to each other in the future. We are all happy that we got to see your extra pages but we just as much would like to see what Penryn was working on.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Five » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Alright, he replied to me and he will continue with the comic he has already started! But due to work he might post his pages a bit late.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby AnTinwoodsman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Huzzah! I am glad we're still in business. So long as I can get a plot page breakdown early as possible for this weekend sometime I'm okay with a bit of lateness. Having the old site go down held things up a bit there and we were off to an uncertain and rough start for this round so I am happy things are shaping up alright now. I definitely appreciate your mediation Five and the hard work of all our fellow collaborators on this massive tale.
AnTinwoodsman

Postby Luthor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 pm

I was more than a little confused when I saw Lily was in this comic in the future, but she doesn't LOOK like she does in the future... She doesn't have the cybernetic arms and leg that she got in a battle with Bullet and her design looks nothing like her 10 years from when she's 9 years old let alone many years later then that... maybe this is an alternate universe? or maybe just nobody asked me
Luthor

Character: Bullet Face, Lily

Postby Green » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 am

I feel I should throw it out there:

I threw in Lily as a "This is how vindictive Cive is towards his former enemies" and a "This is how fucked up a future Arcadia could be under the rule of Cive"-element. Making her suffer of an extended case of Stockholm syndrome was only present to add to the shock-effect. In terms of the story, it was a continuation of Elyan's deciption of Cive's fetish, which in time only grew bigger and more extreme. Naturally, he did not like Laika at all, seeing as how she "ruled" Arcadia, so, once she was defeated, he did the worst thing he could in pure spite to her memory: Fuck up her daughter Lily. Metastory-wise, why did I do this? I found it shockingly disturbing, and that's a good thing when you're throwing down a dark and gloomy future.

And I have no knowledge of any predesigned future-lily out there. If it's located anywhere on WFA, please do direct me to it.

It should be noted that this is an ALTERNATE NON-CANON future of Arcadia. It is simply a "How things could have been.." trough the eyes of me and Tin. If you feel offended, you're reading it wrong.

As for asking for permissions to use various characters. This is something I've always been very carefull to remember normally, but I do not consider this entry Canon within the actual storyline of Arcadia, and as such, saw less need to do this. Regardless of that, we've literally thrown ideas around EVERY SINGLE MAJOR CHARACTER we could think of in present history of Arcadia. To ask every creator of a character we would POTENTIALLY use in the story, would have been a humongous waste of time.

My apologies.
Green

Postby penryn88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I should be posted by this time tomorrow, Tin I'm basically doing what we agreed I was doing, if only for a few tweaks. I'm on skype if you want more info.
penryn88

Postby penryn88 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 am

I'll have it up in the next couple hours, I'm lettering and sizing it now, but life is calling and i'll be indisposed for the next couple hours, sorry for the delay.
penryn88

Postby penryn88 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 am

Here it is, sorry again for the delay.

huge thanks to Ben and Five for the guest pages, they came out incredibly! :D
penryn88

Postby elyan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am

holy fuck those guest pages argh.

actually i really dig this continuation. fun part... it doesn´t even look like tins late part is useless with this. i feel like you as good could just see this as a middle part tin ignored xD

either way its a great cycle. pen you did a great job with the continuation i look forward to what you bring for cycle 4.

now tin go and make it awesome!!! wait no. it already is... make it... legen... wait wait its coming... dary!!!
elyan

PreviousNext

Return to Archives