The new Map!

Old and outdated threads are stored here.

Re: The new Map!

Postby Ben » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:57 pm

The prison is there!

I like the map, it seems to cover pretty much every interesting location we've had previously while keeping the scale somewhat tighter. An alien digsite type location sounds cool actually... everyone knows Arcadia is built upon nothing but buried temples and mysterious ruins. Airships or the infamous city junkyard could be fun too. Of course, especially with more generalised locations like this, most ideas can potentially fit into one/many/all of the existing areas, so deciding what to do with the spare hexagons is tricky!

I also think it'd be nice to use the map for something gameplay-ish, though I don't really know what. The idea of travelling around a map was a really nice idea in the very small scale heaven royale, but I don't think it'd work so well here.
Ben

Character: The Cyborg Necromancer & Utopia

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Ben wrote:I also think it'd be nice to use the map for something gameplay-ish, though I don't really know what. The idea of travelling around a map was a really nice idea in the very small scale heaven royale, but I don't think it'd work so well here.

Every now and then you land on a square and a wild pokemon attacks you and you can catch it and name it Ben.
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Postby Einheit12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, we discussed about using a similar movement system of HR, so maybe every player would have a present location and could fight in this location and all 6 neighbouring locations? (passing throught some fields if no enemy is near enough?) However, in this slightly larger scale, it can make matchmaking unnecessarily complicated, which is the exact opposite of what we want.
I don't know yet! Suggestions are very welcome.
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Postby Jin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am

I'm on the same boat with pretty much everyone here. Loving this new map! It's really nice and it's size is reduced comparing to the previous map. Though I liked the old map as well. I'm really excited to see that a ghost town is put in there concerning that I do enjoy paranormal, supernatural, whatever stuff! I think CN's most mighty and dark powers would be extremely handy in that area! Not to mention having fabulous tea time with the haunted spirits. c:
As for the battle system, I myself would prefer if it wouldn't be too complicated. I did like the old battle system though maybe give it a few tweeks? I'm not very good at suggestions, sorry. ;;
"Care for a cup of tea?"
Jin

Postby Runic » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:52 am

I like most of the suggestions so far.

How about a "?" location.
It can be anything. And it's up to the people that battle there to decide what it is. Sort of like a wild card location.
A dreamscape... but that can happen anywhere.
The Unknown - Like Spike's suggestion. Some type of alien location..
<Ben> 20:29 --- pen is away (Auto away)
<Ben> hee hee hee
<Fivel> oh ben!
* Ben giggles like a school boy
Runic

Character: Cheyan

Postby Jed Leopard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Something like Funkytown or a game hall would be nice in there too!

I like how the map doesn't have two teams opposing but just random mayhem without 'ruling' or 'capturing' the area.

Have a little question though! Are all the extra names for area's meant to be replacements for the current districts, or is it a system in which you can choose that particular area in that district? If so, can you run from one district to another in the battle?
Jed Leopard

Postby Five » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Hey Nero!

I start liking the idea of having one field where ANYTHING can happen. Maybe half the stuff happening there isn't even canon. Like time travel, a gate to another dimension, the dreamscape, Hell, the Anteverse, an alien landing site, a swirl in a huge crater of an asteroide, who knows! We could name it the Vortex (suggestion from Ein).

The fields are meant as inspiration for you guys where to fight. They encompass a lot of possibilities, that's why we listed a bunch of things that belong to each field. Feel free to include anything you want or even travel from field to field if you really want to, though we would encourage you to try and explore all aspects of that district.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Jed Leopard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Ahh. I love this fresh way of redesigning the whole system! Are you gonna include different 'game-modes', like Hardcore, where the losing character can't compete in the next battle the artist signs up for (this also means people will need at least 2 characters to be able to join every single hardcore round)
or thief-game. winning character gets to steal something from the losing character. Competitive stuff like that! haha

A point-system that Perca thought up on one of her projects, would be pretty neat as well, but too hard to keep track of I guess
Jed Leopard

Postby Five » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I like the idea of stealing items but there is no way we will do anything too fancy with such a small amount of players. So we won't have game modes right now. However, we will have a points system, check out the rules thread for details.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Jed Leopard » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Well that's true, sadly. Maybe with this, some players on other comic sites can lure them in once's the site is done to get more players. I checked out the point system. Fuck yeah. I approve. At first I thought the winning points were a bit low (I expected something like at least another 70 points) But then again, it's not really about winning either.
Jed Leopard

PreviousNext

Return to Archives